29 June 2011

New Beginnings

My friend Christine has inspired me to start this blog to document my life experiences as a wife and mother and the joys and challenges that come along with these titles.  Three years ago I met the love of my life at a dark bar in Venice, California. Two years ago we got married. One year ago, God blessed us with a beautiful baby boy who we named Carter James. For those of you that know me well, you will agree that "wife" and "mother" were not things I necessarily saw in my future. Now, I cannot imagine life without "my boys."

My husband Jimmy recently accepted a promotion at work which has relocated our family from Santa Monica, California to Carmel, Indiana (yes...we left California willingly).  Along with the change in geography, my career also changed. I put on hold my seven year career as an attorney to dedicate my time to Jimmy and Carter.  Again, for those that know me well, this decision was a bit of a shocker; especially since I was itching to go back to work after three months of maternity leave. Nonetheless, I have embraced my new role and have been surprised at how quickly I'm becoming domesticated...and I hate to say it...liking it. 

The purpose of this blog is to give you a window into my new life in a new city. There is so much to experience and I can't wait to get started. I will also include some of my favorite recipes from time to time and share fun ideas for activities to do with your child(ren). Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Tara. So flattered to inspire such a phenomenal woman, wife, and mother! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete