10 May 2012

Old Habits Never Change

So we all know that Mothers' Day comes every year around the second week of May. And even though I have had mothers (mom and stepmom) for all of my life and I am now a mother myself, the very well-deserved occasion always seems to sneak up on me. The only option I'm usually left with is sending flowers through an online carrier that does next day delivery. Now I know what you're thinking ("aren't your mothers reading this")...probably, but if they don't know I'm a procrastinator by now, then they will never never know me (I stole that from Teddy Pendergrass...sort of). But I digress (shout out Fred). This year I decided I was not going to send flowers because the last time I sent flowers through an online vendor they turned out to look nothing like the vibrant picture on the website. Sigh. While I made this decision several weeks before Mothers' Day, I still found myself spending a couple of hours in front of my computer today searching for appropriate gifts. Darn it...it snuck up on me again. After searching several websites and soliciting opinions from others, I finally made my decision. Unfortunately I can't tell you what I purchased because I don't want my moms to find out before they receive the gifts. All I have to say is thank goodness I have an Amazon Prime Membership that includes free 2-day shipping. I just made the cutoff to have the gifts arrive before Mothers' Day. Another Mothers' Day disaster averted. Whew! Until next year...

Happy Mothers' Day to all (who qualify)!

No comments:

Post a Comment