04 April 2012

Nostalgia

I spent most of my day, yesterday and today, on college campuses.  Yesterday I took my niece (16) and nephew (14) to visit Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI) and today I took them to visit Indiana University in Bloomington. Being in those musty dorms and seeing students passed out in the Student Union brought back some memories. It also reminded me of the fact that as of next month I will have been out of college for 12 years. 12 years? I can't believe it's been that long already. In a way, I didn't really feel that much older than the students I saw walking on campus. Maybe because I still look 20 (but who cares about that superficial stuff...me). Or maybe because I still feel there are great possibilities for what I can accomplish. I'll tell you one thing, I definitely felt reinvigorated just by being there. But on the other hand, I felt worlds away from the days of wearing sweats to class, eating cereal for dinner, pulling all nighters to finish a paper I had a month to write but started 12 hours before it was due, and most of all...not having any responsibility whatsoever (other than passing my classes of course). It's amazing how time flies. I feel like I've accomplished a lot in these last 12 years and while I sometimes feel nostalgic about my college days, I wouldn't want to go back and do them again.  

How do you feel about your college experience? 

2 comments:

  1. Never did my mind feel so alive. I loved it. I miss the constant influx of information. I miss meeting new people. I miss my roomie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Chris. I kind of miss meeting new people and having constant girl talk with all of the roomies in and out of 6002 Bush!! LOL! But I agree that it's a part of my life I wouldn't want to do over. I do appreciate the experience for the simple fact that it helped me transcend to the phase of my life I'm in right now.

    ReplyDelete