16 February 2015

Change Clothes Challenge (Days 4-6)

I haven't had time to post pics but I have been sticking to my challenge. Day 4 was Valentine's Day and while we don't really celebrate the holiday we did go to a dinner party with a few friends. My mom and I prepared the food for the dinner party so I spent most of the day cooking. Before the cooking started I took Carter to swim lessons and here is the outfit I wore:

 
(Basic skinny jean with turtleneck sweater and simple grey coat. Perfect for the chilly weather.)





















I changed clothes for the dinner party. I chose this coral cashmere dress because of it's vibrant color but also because it's comfortable and feels so soft to my skin. I threw on a black faux fur vest to add some contrast (and to camouflage my post baby bump). Please forgive this pic (I hate mirror selfies) but it was the end of the night and I was just trying to take the pic before falling asleep.


As a side note, here are some pics of the cake I made for the dinner party. I tried to recreate the cake we had at our wedding reception. It's was a Triple Berry Shortcake from Sweet Lady Jane Bakery in LA. I had to reference a few different recipes to pull it off. I think it turned out pretty well and everyone said it was good.

 


Day 5 was Sunday, and Carter will tell you, "Mommy doesn't like to leave the house on Sunday." This is true. Sunday is my laundry day and also my time to veg out. Keeping this in mind, I am not posting a pic for this day because I don't think you really want to see me in my bathrobe or pajamas. I didn't repeat an outfit though.

Today I worked out this morning and stayed in my work out clothes for most of the day while I ran errands (which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid by doing this challenge). I did eventually find my way to the shower (which Jimmy appreciated), and chose a comfortable pair of black leggings and a multicolor top. I've been trying to wear more color. I think it helps lift of my spirits during these cold winter days.


No comments:

Post a Comment