24 July 2011

The End of Another Great Weekend

I love weekends at home with my two boys. Jimmy was traveling for work all of last week and will be heading out of town again this coming week so I tried to get as much QT as I could this weekend.  On Friday night, I took us on an adventure to find some authentic Mexican food. I used my trusty Yelp app to find a highly rated place and it led us to La Parada, a tiny place off the beaten path of downtown Indy. From the moment we pulled up, I knew we would find authentic fare. It was in a small plaza with a panaderia (bakery) and Mexican grocery store. On the tv was a telenovela and the waitress gave those who looked the part (we didn't make the cut) the option of a spanish or english menu.  Needless to say, my craving to be back in LA for some comida autentica was temporarily satisfied. I ordered enchiladas with a side of guacamole and Jimmy ordered a beef chimichanga. My only disappointment was that they didn't have a full bar because a margarita would have set the meal off right. Even Carter enjoyed chomping down on the tortilla chips.

Saturday Carter and I joined a mommy group for swim lessons at the IU Natatorium. Carter and I took a swim class last month so that took the edge off a bit of whether he would be receptive to it. Despite the fact that they had us in 5 ft deep water-causing me to be on my tip toes the whole class-we had a great time. Carter is shaping up to be a little fish. He likes floating on his back and is starting to kick his legs when on his tummy. He also gets great pleasure from splashing as much water as he can in mommy's face.  After swimming, the mommy group went to lunch. Luckily, we chose a place where we could be confined in a private room because we had 6 kids between 12 and 20 months that wanted to run a muck. By another stroke of luck we had a server that was very patient and accommodating. I know this sounds strange coming from me, but I loved every minute of it (except when Carter was trying to escape and run through the restaurant). After lunch, we came home and hung out with Da-Da (Jimmy) for the rest of the day.

Today has shaped up to be my normal "Lazy Sunday." It started with an hour bike ride followed by a 20 minute run for my triathlon training. I was so stinky that I was trying to run away from myself. Jimmy stayed at least 5 paces behind me. After a much needed shower, I cooked breakfast and then had a quick visit from a friend who came over to check out our new digs.  After she left, our plan was to pick us some furniture we purchased. To our dismay, it started pouring rain on the drive over. This was a problem since we were using a pick-up truck to haul the load. Oh well...better luck tomorrow. We headed home to veg out and play for the rest of the evening. I took the opportunity to take a much needed nap while Carter took his afternoon nap. I've never been a "nap" person but since having Carter, I take advantage of them whenever I can. It buys me a few extra hours after Carter goes to bed.

Now I'm in bed trying to hurry up and finish this post so I can cuddle up next to my honey. On that note, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment